Resumé for Oluf W. Hartvigson
- Experienced realist and fantasy Sculptor of figures and animals.
- Sixteen years experience in Traditional and Digital sculpting in all scales, monumental to miniature.
- Toy Sculpting awards include Best Action Figure 8+ inches – year 2001 (Lee’s Action Figure News & Toy Review) for 12 inch Frankenstein Doll, 24th best Action Figure of all Time (ToyFare October 2000) for Creature From the Black Lagoon AF and 1999 Best Action Figure – Collectors’ Choice Award (Collectors’ Showcase).
- Digital Sculpting on FreeForm Modeling Plus® and ZBrush.
- Fine Art Awards include Silver medal award, Royal Society of Arts - London and First place, Figurative realism category, 1992 Golden State Sculptors Association all sculpture show.
- Eight years formal education in sculpture and design.
- Master of Fine Arts degree - University of Michigan.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree - Magna Cum Laude - Boston University.
1993-present Current Toy and Collectable lines include (Digital and Traditional):
Sideshow, Inc.: Star Wars, X-Files, James Bond, Lord of The Rings, Monty Python, Star Trek, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Universal Studios Classic Monsters.(Digital and Traditional)
Hasbro, Inc.: Star Wars, Shrek 2 and various Feature film licenses.(Digital and Traditional)
Mega Bloks: Mag Warriors (Digital)
American Greetings: Cartoon Network and Marvel Comics characters. (Digital)
Weta Workshop, New Zealand: Collectables associated with The Lord of The Rings Trilogy.
Creata Promotions: Numerous license based premiums. (Digital)
Former toy or collectable lines include: Dragon Ball Z, Batman and Robin, Street Sharks, DC Comics characters and Crocodile Hunter.
Sept. – Oct., 2001 Sculpting Director
- Transition 21 effects and prop sculptors to collectable sculpting.
1992-93 Construction Supervisor
- Supervised construction, paint, set up and striking of sets for
commercials. Projects ranged from $10,000 to $300,000.
- Worked with Art Directors to ensure all job requirements were met.
- Supervised up to twelve employees.
Newbury Park, CA
1992 Sculptor / Mold Maker
- Sculpted animals for various commercials.
TOM BURMAN STUDIOS
- Some prosthetic appliances for stunt doubles in Sylvester Stallone’s film "Cliff
- Photo double masks of Michael Chang, Michael Sticht for Reebok
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN-1990
Master of Fine
Studied with: Louis Marinaro: sculpture
Takashi Takahara: printmaking.
Bachelor of Fine Arts-Sculpture (Magna Cum Laude)
Studied with Isabel McIlvain and Loyd Lillie.